Welcome to the American Academy
of Facial Cosmetics
New Jersey State Board of Dentistry
Accredited Course in
Neurotoxins and Facial Fillers
Take the Course from the Originators, Not the Duplicators
The American Academy of Facial Cosmetics (AAFC) was founded by a group of healthcare professionals, experienced and certified in the use of facial cosmetic injectable products, including the facial fillers Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, Radiesse and Belotero in addition to the muscle relaxers Botox, Dysport and Xeomin. Moving the focus of your expertise from the mouth to the face is a natural progression. Join the next revolution in dentistry by offering your patients a complete range of smile and facial cosmetic procedures. You will be given the knowledge, along with the techniques that you will need, to make this new skill a formidable part of your dental practice. This course is the only investment needed for you to get started.
In today’s economy, dentists, like most businessmen/women, need to find other outlets for producing additional income. Our backs and hands can only work a certain amount of years before we are forced by nature to slow down. Here is a golden opportunity. Dentists need to realize that it is important to continually strive to keep current and keep it fresh in order to provide their patients with the most up to date technology. We are the most logical choice to perform facial procedures that combine physiologic knowledge with artistic skills. Now we have the chance to not only increase our income but to give ourselves something new to be passionate about. It is a win/ win, for our patients and for us.
This will be the next revolution in cosmetic dentistry where dentists will now be able to provide total facial and smile cosmetics to their patients. It will greatly benefit the dentist economically and the patient cosmetically. Dental physicians already have the patient flow within their practice where these valuable services can be offered.
Why are dentists the best choice, of all health care professionals, as facial injectors. Of all health care professionals, no one is better trained in injection techniques. As part of our dental training we were taught, that’s right, taught, to inject. Who is better trained at giving pain free injections? Who knows better the shape and volumetric proportions of the facial structures? Who knows better the anatomy, blood vessels, muscles, bones, nerves of the face etc? Who better understands the relationship of the anatomic structures – the eyes, cheeks, nose, lips, teeth, etc? – And more importantly, how they relate aesthetically to one another.
The American Academy of Facial Cosmetics is a visionary team of healthcare professionals who are devoted to advancing the art and science of facial injectables, by utilizing non-surgical as well as cutting edge, trans-oral techniques. We are committed to the continuing education of dentists and other healthcare professionals through our seminars and continual support system.
- Introductory and advanced educational programs
- Meetings, symposia, conferences
- On-line discussion and message boards
- Hands on training that provides the foundation needed to become familiar with the materials, techniques, and instrumentation of aesthetic facial injectables-Neurotoxins and dermal fillers.
OUR PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
- Discuss the history, safety, mechanism of action, and preparation of Dermal Fillers and Neurotoxins
- Pharmacological effects and contraindications, including potential drug interactions
- Management of complications
- Training in facial anatomy and physiology as it applies to facial aesthetics including:
- Anatomy of head and neck
- Neurophysiology, including facial tissue, parasympathetic, sympathetic and peripheral nervous systems relative to peri-oral tissue and facial architecture
- Patient selection, including indications and contraindications
- Medical history including medications, allergies and relevant problems
- Accurate documentation including drug, dosage and sites of injections
The A.A.F.C. is run by local dentists who are very eager to meet the needs of their colleagues in this up and coming field.
As licensed dentists in the State of N.J., they are able to perform actual procedures on live models during the hands-on portion of their program. Since they have private practices in N.J. they are always available to give support to the trainees while they perform these services for their patients. They also provide aid in integrating these procedures into their practices.